In-House Gynecological Ultrasound Services
To enable our patients to have gynecological screenings and diagnostic tests without the need to visit a separate imaging facility, May-Grant makes comprehensive gynecological ultrasound services conveniently available at all our locations. Evening, weekend, and Saturday appointments are also available.
Gynecology patients sometimes need ultrasound exams for a variety of reasons, such as:
- Evaluating the general health of the pelvic region and reproductive organs
- Diagnosing the source of pelvic pain
- Assessing other gynecological health issues such as heavy menstrual bleeding or ovarian cysts
The Ultrasound Department at May-Grant is staffed by six full-time and 3 part-time, experienced sonographers, all licensed by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS). Our office is accredited by the American Institute of Ultrasound Medicine (AIUM) in both OB and GYN studies.
For your information and to adequately prepare, please follow the guidelines below:
- Please drink THREE (3) 8-oz glasses of water 1 hour before your arrive for your ultrasound.
- DO NOT EMPTY YOUR BLADDER after drinking the water!
- Children are not permitted in the ultrasound room at any time. There are chemicals and equipment in the room that could pose a danger to your child.
- No video equipment is allowed at any time.
For information about our prenatal ultrasound services, see our Obstetrics/Pregnancy Services page.