FIRST VISIT TIPS
The first visit to an OB/GYN (or a new OB/GYN) can be intimidating: the stress of finding the right group of providers, the need for specific services, or even not knowing what to expect. You can read online reviews and gather recommendations from various places, but you never really get a good picture until you actually visit the OB/GYN. At May-Grant Obstetrics and Gynecology, we understand your hesitations and want to let you know that we will provide as much information through our electronic presence so that you can make an educated decision. We want your experience to be exceptional.
What to do before your visit:
- The BEST thing you can do before your first visit is decide what your needs are and what you want an OB/GYN to be able to provide for your women’s health care experience. You will be surprised at what some OB/GYN’s can and cannot do (especially when it comes to lab work).
- Gather your identification, insurance information (if applicable), and complete the Health History Form.
- If you want to maintain your information electronically, you should visit our Patient Portal and create an account! CLICK HERE to start!
What you should bring for your visit:
- State Issued Photo ID
- Insurance Information (if applicable)
- Completed Health History Form
- Medical History Chart from previous OB/GYN (if applicable; at least their contact information)
What you can expect during your visit:
- Thoughtful attention to your health needs.
- Professional, yet caring group of providers and staff.
- A warm atmosphere – we are a large practice, but you will always be more than a number.
After your visit:
- Check your Patient Portal for any information.
- Read and follow your provider’s instructions (if any were given).
- Keep your provider’s nurse’s extension handy. Call your provider’s nurse if you need to speak about your health.
When you decide to come to May-Grant for your women’s health care needs, we want you to feel confident in saying, “I am a May-Grant Obstetrics and Gynecology patient.”